Collection System Operator III
North Davis Sewer District is accepting applications for the position of Collection System Operator III.
Job Description: Operates high pressure combination cleaner vehicle to clean and maintain Districtís sewer system. Performs as CCTV operator conduct inspection of the gravity sewer lines and manholes. Performs a variety of working level semi-skilled and skilled duties related to the maintenance, and repair of the wastewater collection system, combination cleaner and CCTV truck. This is a day shift position. A complete job description may be downloaded from the District's website at ndsd.org.
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from senior high school.
- Four (4) years of general maintenance or construction experience; three (3) year of which must have been as a CCTV Operator and/or Operator of a high pressure combination vehicle.
- Ability to lift 90 pounds. Ability to perform strenuous manual labor.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of district collection system network, line and manhole locations; thorough knowledge of hazards and precautions associated with trench work and sewer line construction; considerable knowledge of basic hand and power tools required to install and maintain pipe line; considerable knowledge of traffic control and diversion; working knowledge of technical treatment plant equipment and machinery, plant operation and maintenance; working knowledge of operation and maintenance of sewer cleaning and televising equipment; NASSCO procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing; ability to operate a variety of types of hand and power tools related to the maintenance of plant facilities and equipment; ability to develop working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Must possess within 24 months from hire date, a Collections Operator Certification III.
- Must obtain NASSCO PACP and MACP Certifications.
- Must obtain MUTCD TC and Supervisory Certifications.
- Must be able to obtain Military Security Clearance.
- Must possess a valid Utah State Driverís License, with endorsements for air brakes and tank vehicle or the ability to obtain within 120 days of hire.
- Must be willing to work on call (24 hour), and be able to respond for a call out after hours.
If the job is offered, continued employment based on evaluation of mandatory drug testing and criminal background check.
Wage and Benefits: Starting wage is $22.59 per hour with health insurance, URS retirement, annual leave, and sick leave.
Application Submittal Requirements: Employment applications may be obtained from the District Website, or at the facility located at 4252 W. 2200 S., Syracuse, Utah 84075. Application may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mailing to North Davis Sewer District, ATTN: Hiring, 4252 W. 2200 S., Syracuse, Utah 84075, or by dropping off at the District office.
Due Date: Applications must be submitted and received by October 12, 2018 at 3:00pm. Resumes and letters of reference, etc. are welcomed and may accompany the application. For questions contact Steve Lamb (801) 728-6816. email@example.com
**Do not fill out the application in a web browser, download the document and then open it in a program. Forms filled out in a browser do not always save the filled in text boxes. Please verify that the application is completed before submission. We can only consider applicants if we have their information. Thank you.**